Terms & Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions before using this Web Site http://nikanwage.lk.
These terms and the other policies posted on NikanWage Services constitute the entire agreement between us (here after referred as NikanWage or nikanwage.lk or nikanwage) and you, superseding any prior agreements. This agreement is governed by the laws of the Social republic of Sri Lanka applicable therein. We both submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Sri Lanka. This will not affect your statutory rights if you are a consumer and applicable consumer law requires application of another law for certain topics. If we don’t enforce any particular provision, we are not waiving our right to do so later. If a court strikes down any of these terms, the remaining terms will survive. We may automatically assign this agreement in our sole discretion in accordance with the notice provision below (our assignment to an affiliate will not require notice).
We will send notices to you via the email address you provide, or by registered mail. Notices sent by registered mail will be deemed received five days following the date of mailing. We may update this agreement at any time, with updates taking effect when you next use the site or after 30 days, whichever is sooner. No other amendment to this agreement will be effective unless made in writing, signed by users and by us. Send questions, comments or complaints to our customer support.
In order to access and use some or a portion of the Services, you may be required to register with us and set up an account with your email address or username and a password (your “Account”). The email address you provide will be your email address, and you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. Therefore, you should protect your password and make your password difficult for others to guess.
Using NikanWage Services
- You will post in the appropriate category or area and will not do any of the following bad things:
- Violate any laws or our Prohibited Content Policy;
- Be false or misleading;
- Infringe any third-party right;
- Distribute or contain spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- Distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm nikanwage.lk or the interests or property of nikanwage users;
- Impose an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of the nikanwage.lk
- Copy, modify, or distribute any other person’s content;
- Use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access nikanwage.lk and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
- Bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to nikanwage.lk.
Abusing NikanWage Services
Please use the report system to tell us about any problems or offensive content so that together we can keep the Services site working properly. We may limit or terminate our Services, remove hosted content and take technical and legal steps to keep users off NikanWage if we think that they are creating problems or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies. However, whether we decide to take any of these steps, remove hosted content or keep a user off NikanWage or not, we do not accept any liability for monitoring NikanWage or for unauthorized or unlawful content on NikanWage or use of NikanWage by users.
Fees and Services. Using NikanWage Services is generally free. We may charge fees for certain Services. If the service you use charges a fee, you will be able to review and accept that charge. Our fees are quoted in Sri Lankan Rupees (LKR), and we may change them from time to time. We will notify you of changes to our fee policy by posting such changes on the site. We may choose to temporarily change our fees for promotional events or new services; these changes are effective when we announce the promotional event or new service. Our fees are non-refundable, and you are responsible for paying them when they’re due. If you don’t, we may limit your ability to use the Services.
Sri Lankan taxes associated with our Services will be collected when applicable. You agree to provide accurate information necessary for NikanWage to comply with its obligations under applicable law. To the extent that such information is not provided, NikanWage will in its discretion determine and collect appropriate taxes.
You are solely responsible to collect and remit any applicable taxes resulting from the sale of your items or services listed on NikanWage.
NikanWage Services contains stuff from us, you, and other users. You agree not to copy, modify, or distribute NikanWage Services, our copyrights or trademarks. When you give us content, you are granting us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights to that content. If you believe that your rights have been violated, please notify NikanWage support and we will investigate the matter. We reserve the right to remove content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms or the rights of any other party.
Reporting Intellectual Property Infringements
Do not post content that infringes the rights of third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, content that infringes on intellectual property rights such as copyright and trademark (e.g. offering counterfeit items for sale). We reserve the right to remove content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms, our policies or of any party’s rights. The following steps are for reporting a listing to NikanWage that you believe to be infringing on your intellectual property rights. Only the intellectual property rights owner can report of potentially infringing items or listings through NikanWage’s “Reporting Intellectual Property Infringements” Program. If you have a good faith belief that a listing on any of the NikanWage Services infringes your copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights, all you need to contact us as soon as possible. We reserve the right to share, in accordance with applicable law, your submitted complaint with the third party that originally posted the potentially infringing listing.
Prohibited Content Policy
The list below details what can’t be posted on nikanwage.lk:
- Including pornography, nude photos, videos, articles or erotic products
- Including prostitution, escort or accompanying services
- Including the delivery of alcohol and related beverages
- Note: Selling empty bottles, labels, caps as collectibles is permitted
- Note: Recruitment of personnel such as bartender, front desk or salesman is permitted in the Jobs category
Blood, Bodily Fluids and Body Parts
- Including organs
- Including surrogacy, fertility and donor requests (including sperm)
Government issued IDs, Badges, Uniforms and Licenses
- Including transit, military, police, postal, etc.
High-Powered Laser Pointers
Illegal Drugs and Drug Paraphernalia (or any mention of related items or activities)
- Including narcotics, steroids, marijuana, medicinal marijuana, etc.
Illegal Items and Services
Illegal or Unauthorized Wildlife Products
Ivory or Bone
Identity Documents, Personal Financial Records & Personal Information
- In any form, including mailing lists
Tobacco Products or other smoking related items
- Including hookahs, herbal blends, etc
Weapons (or any mention of related items, services or activities)
- Including, but not limited to, firearms, firearm parts and magazines, ammunition, BB and pellet guns, replica weapons, tear gas, stun guns, crossbows and martial arts weapons
- Including Airsoft guns, parts and ammunition
- Note: Archery and paintball equipment are permitted
Last Modified : 3rd August 2018